Wednesday, July 13, 2011

My best friend has cancer

My best friend was diagnosed with Cervical cancer last year, she went through radiation treatments and they killed it. A few months ago we found out it came back and spread to one of her ovaries. So she has been going through radiation therapy and had one of her ovaries removed. This week she goes in for a kidney and liver biopsy to see if it has spread further. So far the radiation is not helping and the cancer cells have been multiplying. I am so scared for her and of losing her, she lives in another state than I do and it kills me that I can not be there for her in this hard time. Life has thrown her so many hard situations and she is such a strong woman. Always smiling and laughing through things people would not be able to make it out of with happiness in their hearts. It hurts my heart so much that hard things are not over for her and she is so young, I wish sometimes I could take it into my body so she wouldn't have to endure more. For now I have to wait for her phone calls and text to keep me updated and keep in touch, I don't know what I would do without her in my life and it scares me so much that one day she may not be there. It's so hard for me to express the emotions I have inside, I feel like crying so much but I never do. When I talk with her I am always happy and never show her my sadness, she does not need my emotions on top of her own. I love her so much and it frustrates me horribly that there is nothing I can do for her.

It's important for us women to go get our annual check ups and check ourselves for lumps, don't risk your life because you don't like going to the doctors or you don't have health insurance. There are free clinics for these type of things. You could be saving your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment